Animal Lab Technician
- Changes out animal cages, water dispensers, and feed containers.
- Runs cleaning and sterilization equipment.
- Dispenses feed and water.
- Receives new animals, set up housing, provide feed and water, and fill out animal arrival information.
- Performs general laboratory duties as assigned.
- Operates and performs quality control on appropriate equipment.
- Performs lab maintenance (e.g. room cleaning and sanitizing, instrument autoclaving).
- Monitors animal rooms and feed storage conditions.
- Assists Research staff with technical duties (e.g. data collection, administration of test agents according to protocol).
- Make observations and report deviations to lab management progress, results, and future studies.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent with 2 years relevant experience.
Required Specialized/Technical Skills
- Experience in rodent handling and husbandry tasks.
- Frequent lifting throughout the day; prolonged standing; extended hand manipulation, including but not limited to, grasping and holding.
- Ability to follow departmental and study protocols.
Take the first step towards a careers with TD2 today.